There is no Easter without Cadbury Creme Eggs, but did you know that these name brands also create their own egg shaped candies? A new twist on Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, the typical Snickers Candy Bar, Butterfinger Candy Bar. Many brands are taking part in creating their form of an easter egg.
Before diving into the 5 Easter egg chocolates that you should try, some facts that you may not have known about the history behind the easter egg are:
- “The egg is a symbol of new life, fertility and rebirth” (www.huffingtonpost.com).
- “From a Christian perspective, Easter eggs are said to present Jesus’ emergence from the tomb and resurrection” (www.history.com).
- “…eggs were formerly a forbidden food during the Lenten season, so people would paint and decorate them to mark the end of the period of penance and fasting, then eat them on Easter as a celebration” (www.history.com).
Whether you believe in the religious meanings behind the creation of the Easter egg or not, there is no doubt that these Easter chocolates are delicious.
Here are 5 Easter egg chocolates you should try this upcoming Easter:
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups transformed to become Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg for the same taste of chocolate and peanut butter just in a new shape!
2. Butterfinger Nest Eggs
The seasonal look does no change to the flaky and crunchy inside taste of peanut butter against the milk chocolate holding the candy together.
3. M&M’s Speckled Milk Chocolate Eggs
4. Whoopers Robin Eggs
Another speckled pastel colored hard shell, but this time filled with malted milk chocolate for that extra crunch.
5. Snickers Egg
No shying away from the nougat, caramel and peanuts stuffed chocolate egg by Snickers.
Now it’s time to go to your closest candy store and prepare the easter egg hunt filled with these sweets!