Alright, I think it is safe to say that we are all done with the cold (at least on the East Coast), especially since it is April.What better way to spend your cold day than baking brookies (brownie + chocolate chip cookies)?
With a few more ingredients than the typical brookie to make them sweet and salty, just follow the instructions below to bake and enjoy!
Time for a warm brookie and a nice cold glass of milk!
– 1 box of Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Cookie Brownie Mix (calls for: 1 egg, water, 1 stick of butter)
-1 medium bag of mini pretzels
-2 graham cracker squares (1 cracker cut in half)
-5 big marshmallows
– Heat oven to 325ºF
– Grease an 11 x 7 inch pan
– Set aside
– Pour brownie pack mix into a medium bowl
-Add 2 tablespoons of water, 1/2 stick of melted butter, and 1 egg to completely mix
-Crush as many pretzels as you would like to have in your brownies and sprinkle the pieces into the mixture (save some to add to the top of the brownies later!)
– Set aside
– In another medium bowl, pour cookie pack mix
– Add 1 tablespoon of water and 1/2 stick of softened butter
– Stir until dough begins to form (and butter is completely mixed)
– Pour the brownie mix into the greased pan
– Use a teaspoon spoon to scoop and drop cookie dough evenly into brownie mix
– Take 5 big marshmallows and use scissors to cut them into pieces (be careful!)
– Place the marshmallows on top of the cookie and brownie mixes as you desire
– Crush graham cracker and sprinkle evenly on top of mix
– Add the extra crushed pretzels you saved from before to the top of the mix
-Place in over and bake for 38-41 minutes (depending on how gooey you would like them!)
-Take out of oven allow to cool and serve with a nice cold glass of milk!
You’ll thank me later for this combination.